Housekeeping Manager by University of the Free State
KINDLY TAKE NOTE: Applications may only be submitted online through the official UFS vacancy website: http://www.ufs.ac.za/templates/vacancies. Applications submitted through any other platform will not be considered.
Please ensure that all relevant documentation is attached to your application. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- a detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter;
- certified copies (not older than 6 months) of qualifications (please provide the SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications);
- a certified copy (not older than 6 months) of your identity document (ID);
- proof of registration with a Professional Body (if applicable);
- a copy of your driver’s license (if applicable).
- a service record of your current employer / last employer.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Management of cleaning staff and housekeeping processes in appointed UFS accommodation categories.
- Administration and management of the supplies and apparatus in appointed accommodation categories.
- Reporting and the follow up of maintenance requests in appointed accommodation categories.
- Managing and performing tasks with regard to conferences at a basic level, where applicable. This entails the cleaning and making of beds in good time.
- Filling in time registers and leave application forms of cleaning staff.
- Maintaining good work discipline among cleaning staff by means of the appropriate corrective measures.
- Carry out inspections to ensure a high standard of hygiene.
- Any ad hoc tasks concerning the cleanliness and neatness of UFS residences.
- Grade 12 or National Vocational Certificate on NQF level 4.
- A minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience related to the duties and responsibilities, including experience in a colour code cleaning system and the management of cleaning products and apparatus as prescribed by a colour code cleaning system.
- Results Orientated:
- The ability to cope with a frequently changing environment and to adapt to evolving situations.
- The ability to be reliable, responsible, dependable and to fulfil obligations.
- Strategic Thinking:
- The ability to plan work and to follow plans.
- The ability to deal with several activities at a time.
- Business Acumen:
The ability to adhere to rules and strictly follow work regulations.
- Proficient in using MS Office.
- Knowledge of colour coding cleaning systems.
- The ability to maintain high levels of personal motivation, energy and enthusiasm.
- The ability to lead, take charge of situations, and offer opinions and directions to others.
- The ability to be cooperative with others, display a good-natured attitude and encourage people to work together.
- Building Coalitions:
– The ability to be self-assured and at ease with people in all types of social situations.
- The ability to be sensitive and understanding to the needs and feelings of others.
Assumption of duties:
01 January 2022.
23 September 2021.
The annual remuneration package, including benefits, is R 314 228.57 – R 394 291.82 per annum, depending on the budget available for the position, relevant work experience and qualifications.
For enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 7705 /7267 /9848 or email [email protected]
(Subject to specific conditions): pension scheme, medical aid scheme, group life insurance, housing allowance, leave and sick leave, service bonus and study benefits.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/division.
The UFS is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress in achieving its equity targets. Our Employment Equity Plan is available at https://ufsacza.sharepoint.com/sites/supportservices/hr/Resources/Employment%20Equity%20Plan_July2017.pdf. For this post, we seek particularly to attract black (i.e. African, Coloured and Indian) and disabled South African candidates.
The UFS will only consider applications of candidates who meet all the inherent requirements of the position. Applications that are incomplete or sent by fax or e-mail, will not be considered. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 23 September 2021.
HOW TO APPLY