Receptionist by Valenture Institute
We are looking for a customer and employee-centric individual to be the first point of contact for our students, parents, prospective families, and employees.
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
- Answer and redirect emails sent to the information
- Manage all incoming contact by ensuring that all notes, messages or return call requests are given to relevant parties in a timeous manner.
- Act as first point of contact for visitors
- Provide ad hoc support at our Boutique Campuses
- Provide general administrative and clerical support
- Arrange travel and accommodations
- Support with school functions and company events
- Scheduling appointments for meetings and or events
- Performing ad-hoc administration duties
- Act as front of house at our office
- Maintaining office services as required (such as cleaners and maintenance companies)
- Receiving and dispatching deliveries
- Managing Office Supplies
- Assisting the HR team with recruitment, on-boarding and termination processes
Realities of the role:
- Valenture Institute is a fast-paced startup. We are not a traditional school! We are reimagining schooling and precedent needs to be adopted only where it has proven to have great results. If you think that traditional schools have it all figured out, this is probably not the right role for you.
- Collaboration is the name of the game. We operate in highly specialised teams, and our ability to deliver an excellent student experience is premised on our team’s ability to collaborate, value the contributions of their teammates (including those in other teams) and see the value in the “rubbing of minds”. If you do not find value in having your ideas interrogated or others weighing in on how things could foreseeably be done, you are unlikely to enjoy the role.
- Providing a seamless learning experience for students and parents often involves a lot of backend admin. The ideal candidate would have a pragmatic understanding of the value that administrative tasks bring to bear on the experience of an end user.
- As a new brand of schooling operating at the forefront of digital disruption, technical challenges do arise. The ideal candidate will have an appreciation for how necessary it is to fail fast and fail forward, learn through iterative feedback loops, and embrace the process of continuous learning.
- Change is constant as a result of rapid learning cycles. If consistent change gives you energy rather than drains your energy, you are likely to thrive in this environment. Similarly, if you are adept at managing yourself in a demanding environment and understand the importance of self awareness and boundaries in your work, you are likely to do very well.
- Higher education experience preferred
- Previous experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of Customer Service
- Ability to operate a switchboard
- Additional languages will be an advantage
- Be based in Cape Town
Required skills and behaviours:
- Excellent communication skills
- Focus on customer service.
- Customer service orientation
- Ability to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment
- Police Clearance
Family member discount for Venture Institute
Voluntary savings Programme
Please note that if you do not hear from us within 3 weeks, your application is considered unsuccessful at this time..
Closing Date: 6th September 2021
HOW TO APPLY