Full-Time Regional Advisor (Governance for Inclusive Development) at GIZ Ghana
• Governance for Inclusive Development (GovID) operating at the national and sub-national seeks to contribute to the development of governance by improving transparency, internal accountability, participation, and delivery of public services
Scope of the Role
• The Regional Advisor supports the achievement of results and implementation of activities of GovID components in partner MMDAs in Oti Region by providing technical assistance.
• The Regional Advisor is integrated into the Regional Coordinating Council of Oti Region and initiates, implements and coordinates capacity-building measures to ensure achievement of programme objectives.
• Implements the activities in districts under his/her region in close collaboration with the Regional Coordinating Council (RCC) Supports partners in organising activities and facilitating trainings in the districts.
• Ensure that the implemented activities are in line with the GIZ quality standards.
• Contributes to the programme’s short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as well as contribute to the programmes Monitoring, reporting and knowledge management.
• Communicating local interests and efforts and encourages sharing ideas and information for the benefit of the programme.
• Ensures knowledge transfer in the programme.
• Develops ready-to-use strategies and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals and procedures.
• Assists in coordinating and prioritising relevant project activities at technical level (in the regions) in cooperation with the partners, both as regards the organisational preparation and implementation of the activities.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Masters/MSc Degree and technical expertise in Planning, Public Administration, Social Sciences, Development Studies or other relevant
• At least 5 years professional experience with at least 2 years professional experience in a similar position working on related topics.
• Relevant experience acquired through experience in working with NGOs, development organizations and the public sector
• Knowledge and understanding of local governance, decentralization, and workings of the governance system in Ghana.
• Practical knowledge of ICT technologies (related financial software, data base and data management systems);
• Fluent written and oral mastery of the English language.
• Proven analytical, organizational, problem solving and change management skills;
• Excellent communication skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships within a diverse stakeholder landscape.
• Highly developed client orientation, ability to exercise significant discretion and sensitivity.
Location: Dambai – Oti Region
How to ApplyInterested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to: [email protected] under the Job Code 2022/GovID/01/01. Please note if you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider application unsuccessful. Closing Date: 25th January, 2022. GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply. JOB ALERTS: Click Here to Join the official Group for Job Seekers
230 total views, 1 today