Full-Time Technical Advisor (Make-IT in Africa) at GIZ Ghana
• “Make-IT in Africa” promotes digital innovations in Africa for sustainable and inclusive development. The main focus of the project is to support national and Pan-African entrepreneurial ecosystem to become resilient and sustainable. In close cooperation with business and financing partners, social enterprises, hubs and networks, Make-IT creates an environment for young businesses to gain better access to finance, markets and skills
Scope of the Role
• The Technical Advisor will manage activities with a focus on digital entrepreneurship in Ghana. This includes supporting an enabling policy framework, strengthening intermediaries and quality support for tech startups, and contribute to the overall goal of creating an environment for tech start-ups to gain better access to finance, markets, and skills.
• Technical advice in the field of start-up support and digital innovation.
• Development and technical management of measures to promote a strong digital innovation ecosystem in Ghana.
• Development and implementation of strategic and innovative approaches and formats for co-operation with local and international investors.
• Represent Make-IT in the tech ecosystem and bring together likeminded startups who understand the value of collaboration and are able to positively contribute to each other’s development.
• Building, managing, strengthening and expansion of the Make-IT in Africa network in Ghana; collaboration with stakeholders from government, academia and private sector.
• Contribute to the growth and development of entrepreneurial support organizations in the country to increase program delivery and expansion
• Liaise with the Make-IT Teams in HQ, West Africa and East Africa on a regular basis.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in entrepreneurship, innovation, communications, economics, political science, social science, business informatics or a similar subject.
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in the promotion of entrepreneurship and digital innovation ecosystems.
• Strong understanding of policy processes and multistakeholder approaches, ideally with proven work experiences in the field.
• Work experience and knowledge in one or more of the following areas (start-up financing, corporate venturing, founding or working in a technology start-up or company builder or innovation hubs)
• Self-motivated and proven networking skills and an established network of Ghanaian stakeholders in the innovation ecosystem.
• Enjoy working in intercultural teams.
• Knowledge in design thinking and other agile methods, ideally certified.
• Fluent in English; French is a plus.
How to ApplyInterested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to: [email protected] under the Job Code 2022/Make-IT/01/01. Please note if you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider application unsuccessful. GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply. Closing Date: 27 January, 2022 JOB ALERTS: Click Here to Join the official Group for Job Seekers
238 total views, 2 today