Full-Time Videographer Needed at Creative Associates International
In close coordination with the US Embassy and USAID, the goal of the USAID/OTI-funded Littorals Regional Initiative (LRI) is to support US foreign policy priorities to shore up stability and prevent violent extremism in the Littoral region, including Ghana.
Initial objectives include:
- Rapidly delivering effective and relevant programming on the ground through targeted interventions that may be scaled up.
- Informing and improving USG programming by piloting approaches and sharing reporting.
- Providing rapid response capacity, from hiring STTAs to quick response activities, in the event of a crisis or opportunity.
The USAID/OTI-funded LRI program plans to produce a series of written, photo and video stories about its implementation. The Videographer will accompany LRI staff to take photos and videos of key program interventions, staff, partners and beneficiaries, primarily in Ghana’s northern regions.
Location Note: This position will be based in northern Ghana, exact location TBD.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Videographer will report to the Communication and Reporting Officer. The Videographer is also expected to work in close collaboration and take direction from Creative’s Senior Director of Communications and a Writer/Editor (both based in Washington, D.C.), as well as all members of the Senior Management Team, including the Chief of Party. The Videographer will be based in northern Ghana and will be expected to travel frequently.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Take professional photographs and videos as directed by the Creative’s Communications team and LRI staff. Photos must meet Creative’s and USAID’s standards.
- Travel with the LRI team to locations throughout Ghana’s northern regions as required.
- Maintain a library of all photos and footage, organized by date and location.
- Record individual video and audio interviews based on formats established by Creative and LRI.
- Obtain signed consent forms from interviewees.
- Record b-roll of locations, individuals and related matters.
- Daily review of photos and video footage with Creative and LRI staff.
- At the conclusion of each assignment, copy all photos and footage to an external hard drive (provided by LRI).
- Log video in a Microsoft Word document based on criteria established by Creative and LRI.
- Tag photos based on criteria established by Creative.
- Provide original SD cards (or similar recording devices) to LRI for safe storage.
- Participate in pre-trip logistics calls, including security briefings.
- Able to travel during extended periods of time in LRI vehicles to activity locations.
- Coordinate with Creative and LRI staff on trip logistics and equipment and adhere to schedule and itinerary provided.
- Comply with all guidance and policies of Creative’s security team.
- Complete any other task at the request of the senior management team.
- All work for this program, including (but not limited to) photography, videography and edited videos, will be the property of Creative.
- With the prior permission of the Chief of Party and the MEL Manager, the Videographer may use a selection of material for her/his professional portfolio. The Chief of Party and/or MEL Manager may rescind this permission without prior notice.
Creative will provide all needed equipment, including camera, lens, tripod and microphone.
- Provide a portfolio of professional work that demonstrates consistent, high-quality photography, videography and audio recording abilities.
- Demonstrate completion of one or more professional-level classes, training and/or workshops related to photography and/or videography is strongly desired.
- University degree in journalism, or related field is preferred but not required.
- Four (4) years of general work experience, and two (2) years of work experience in photography and videography required.
- Ability to edit video in Adobe Premiere Pro strongly preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- Proficiency at using Microsoft Office software, particularly Word is required.
- Ability to work autonomously and take initiative to generate valuable findings and communicate them in a timely manner.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow up on tasks until completion is required.
- Experience working in a conflict and highly volatile environment is necessary.
- Fluency in one or more of the languages spoken in northern Ghana preferred.
- Must have existing work authorization for Ghana.
How to ApplySubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here Closing Date : 12 May. 2021
253 total views, 2 today